December 2, 2009

Home is where you live!!!

Whenever I empty my bag I find bus tickets…not 1or 2 rather 10-15 of them, then there are chocolate and biscuit wrappers, crushed pieces of paper, used tissues etc. I feel proud to see those things because it means that they’ll find their right place…the dustbin! I feel happy that I don’t throw these things on the road…a bit of civic sense is all that is needed. All of us so promptly agree that our roads are dirty, there’s garbage everywhere but let me remind you garbage does not grow on the road, it’s thrown on the road by people like you and me….Me not anymore!! This is what makes me proud. :-)


It’s such a simple thing to do. If each one of us stops throwing things on the road it will remain clean forever. It’s our responsibility to keep the city clean; stop blaming the government. We should be ashamed that the government has so much of garbage to take care of. Though I agree that the government is not very serious about all these, they have other things to take care of like the nuclear waste, budget, and recession for instance. So let’s take care of the garbage department at least. It’s very easy. Home is where you live. So, your city is your home! Don’t do things that you normally don’t do at home. Do you spit in your drawing room? Do you throw orange peels near the kitchen? Do you throw a chocolate wrapper anywhere in the house? Do u leave your cigarette butts on the table? The answer in all probability would be ‘No’!! Treat your city like your home!!


Once we become conscious that we have keep it clean, we’ll certainly find our own ways and not complain about lack of dustbins etc. We do have dustbins if you care to look for one. Let’s accept that we can’t have dustbins wherever we want it. Can’t we keep that wrapper in our hands or put it in our bags or pockets for a little while? Isn’t it worth the effort?


And, Guys you all have walls at home, right??? Do you at home ever stand and do what you are seen doing on the walls along the road?? I can understand the urgency but by turning your back you may not be able to see people but people around you certainly can, they just walk away and pretend having not seen you!!! It smells really bad…trust me. And the funny part is one after the other, guys use the place right next to the already wet area…which makes it smellier!! Please avoid doing it. I hope I embarrassed you enough!!


I’ll be glad if people start treating their cities like their homes; after all we live here. Those of us who are planning to just laugh it off have no right to say that our cities are stinky and dirty. Lets be responsible citizens!!

2 comments:

  1. Very Very gud sheetel u r doing a gud job u must carry on..... it is completely acceptable and appreciable..............

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank u for appreciating kabir :)

    ReplyDelete